- Advancing the Industry One Project at a Time: Shared Autonomous Vehicles Deployed as a Fleet!
- Can Autonomous Vehicles Ride the Electric Vehicles Wave?
- How Coronavirus Might Impact Society and, Ultimately, Driverless Vehicles!
- The Car Transformations that will Greatly Influence Driverless Vehicles
- Will the Driverless Movement Slow Due to Coronavirus?
Tag Archives: waymo
In some ways, the slowing of the driverless movement is inevitable – since just about everything in our society is slowing (besides the purchasing of toilet paper and Purell); however, I think this is a nuanced question that needs a … Continue reading
As someone who works in the driverless technology industry, this is a question that I get asked often. Not to mention, during this Coronavirus pandemic, it’s a timely question as so many people are losing their jobs. Let’s put this … Continue reading
This may seem a bit counter-intuitive, but just about every driverless vehicle deployment has at least one operator in the vehicle. This article highlights how all Uber test vehicles will have “two employees in each autonomous vehicle.” Lyft and Aptiv … Continue reading
There’s never a dull moment in this industry. The technology is advancing (see examples here and here), government regulations are being developed (see update on U.S. regulations here), and new partnerships continue to be formed (e.g., Ford teaming with Walmart … Continue reading
I think this gets at the heart of the “driving towards driverless” question… Vehicles that fall into SAE levels 1-4 are available today, but the leap to true fully automated driving is non-trivial. See Wired article here for SAE levels … Continue reading