Join 2,572 other subscribers
- Advancing the Industry One Project at a Time: Shared Autonomous Vehicles Deployed as a Fleet!
- Can Autonomous Vehicles Ride the Electric Vehicles Wave?
- How Coronavirus Might Impact Society and, Ultimately, Driverless Vehicles!
- The Car Transformations that will Greatly Influence Driverless Vehicles
- Will the Driverless Movement Slow Due to Coronavirus?
Tag Archives: infrastructure
Will We Ever See Level 5 (Fully Automated) Driving?
I think this gets at the heart of the “driving towards driverless” question… Vehicles that fall into SAE levels 1-4 are available today, but the leap to true fully automated driving is non-trivial. See Wired article here for SAE levels … Continue reading
Should Road User Charging be Introduced along with Driverless Vehicles?
I was happy to find that a consistent theme at the ITS World Congress this year was on the importance of shifting to road user charging to fund infrastructure investments. The idea behind road user charging is that people pay … Continue reading
How Driverless Vehicles Could Impact Parking
“We have significant parking demands today, but should we invest in a parking structure that may not be needed in a few years?” “Will we need all of the parking that we have today?” “How can we make sure driverless … Continue reading
The Infrastructure Impacts of Driverless Cars
Autonomous vehicles, by definition, do not rely on any sensors in the roadway or communications from traffic signals to be able to function. In fact, all of the technology is on or in the vehicle, so, seemingly, no changes to … Continue reading
Posted in Driverless Car Impacts Tagged autonomous vehicles, driverless car, government, infrastructure, parking, self-driving car 2 Comments