Join 2,572 other subscribers
- Advancing the Industry One Project at a Time: Shared Autonomous Vehicles Deployed as a Fleet!
- Can Autonomous Vehicles Ride the Electric Vehicles Wave?
- How Coronavirus Might Impact Society and, Ultimately, Driverless Vehicles!
- The Car Transformations that will Greatly Influence Driverless Vehicles
- Will the Driverless Movement Slow Due to Coronavirus?
Tag Archives: ford
Do Driverless Vehicles Require Drivers?
This may seem a bit counter-intuitive, but just about every driverless vehicle deployment has at least one operator in the vehicle. This article highlights how all Uber test vehicles will have “two employees in each autonomous vehicle.” Lyft and Aptiv … Continue reading
Posted in Driverless Car Development, Government Considerations Tagged autonomous, autonomous vehicles, driverless cars, driverless vehicles, ford, gm, Lyft, regulations, sae level 5, safety, technology, testing, Uber, waymo 5 Comments
The Need for Industry Standards in the Driverless Vehicle Industry
There’s never a dull moment in this industry. The technology is advancing (see examples here and here), government regulations are being developed (see update on U.S. regulations here), and new partnerships continue to be formed (e.g., Ford teaming with Walmart … Continue reading
The Driverless Car Timeline
I think the most common question I hear regarding driverless cars (besides “are they really coming?”) is “when are they coming?” Well, technically the answer is “now” since there are driverless cars being tested on public roads around the country … Continue reading
Posted in Driverless Car Development Tagged autonomous vehicles, driverless car, driverless cars, ford, Google, jaguar, kpmg, landrover, tesla Leave a comment